I can't say, yet, how good a hunter mine will be. He's just seven months old. We are just starting to serious hunting, but Eastern grouse are tough, even for a dog that's all grown up. I can say that he has been the easiest puppy I've had and the most biddable. There have been a bunch of bird dogs over the years. He has just reached 40 lbs and is as big as he's going to get. His Mom was between 30 and 35. His Dad was about 40. He's birdy, points and quarters instinctively, and he listens. He doesn't have an agressive bone in his body. All the neighbor kids stop by to see him when they get home from school. He has a way to go, but sure shows promise. He has won my wife's heart, something no other bird dog has done. He is even allowed to sleep on the furniture. It took me fifteen years of marriage before I was allowed on the furniture! His most surprising trait is to visit with visitors when they show up, and then he heads off for a nap. Pretty amazing stuff for a pup. My Labs and GSP's were just a pain when company came.
Wish I would have known about French Brits years ago. Small dogs with big dog hearts.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.