just a followup, I told you guys I bought a cabelas wooltimate jacket. in an attempt for a one coat fits all approach, this way I can keep something to keep my head warm and gloves inside the coat, basically in an effort to manage my gear better. wool for some reason to me keeps me warm but doesn't get so hot normally basically I seem to just feel comfortable all the time with it on. But it can be heavy most of us know the draw backs of wool. however the wooltimate coat is a blend. its also not too heavy, as a pure back packing coat I would probably want something lighter.

yesterday took it out for some coyote hunting. did one stand temp 14 degrees and with a steady 10mph wind. this is about the most challenging conditions I will hunt in with it and I can tell you with a hoodie on under it, I was fine, coat did a great job of blocking the wind, but was comfortable to have on all day while riding around in the truck of course unzipped. this is alot to ask of a coat and one I am not sure was possible but this coat did great. while I wish the sleeves were a little more trim I didn't feel like the michelin man with the coat on. highly recommend this coat.