Well picked this rifle up at the post office yesterday morning. Get home open the box and it looked like a brand new rifle,, not a mark on the wood or blueing. Get the vice out, bore guide, 1 piece rod, jags and some wipeout. Run a couple wet patches thru it and let it sit. Couple hours later run a half a dozen dry patches thru to get the fouling out. Take a look down the barrel and my heart sank! Had an inch and a half long scratch that goes across 2 of the lands. Call the seller immediately since he offered a 3 day inspection/return offer. Its going back to him today!

So the dilemna of what to get the nephew now. I take a look at the winchester website,, and low and behold what do I see. Winchesters Shot show special is a featherweight in 257 roberts. Call the gun dealer who I usually deal with, I have his personal cell number. He answers and I say Clay,, whats the chances you can get me Winchesters shot show special.. He says Gary,, im in vegas right now and I ordered 3 of them. When they arrive Ill pick out the one with the nicest wood and its yours.. I should have got one for myself!

Last edited by outdoorfool; 01/19/12.