Hi 340Wby,

I never had a K95 but i use to shoot some (zeroing) and hunt with it's almost twin: the Merel K1 and K3.

Same system of tilting block (Jager 1905 brevet). I never felt under gunned with that single shot, be it stalk, still or driven hunt.
With my K1 7x65R (sort of rimmed 280) in one season of hunting (a bit more in fact but not too much) i shot and killed 23 heads of game with 25 rounds from 10 to 340m using a S&B 4x32 fixed power scope or fixed sights.

22 heads of game were one shot kill, a swedish moose weighing 900lbs was shot twice, only because it was big and, as often with moose, did'nt understand it was dead on the first shot...

The 25th was a wild boar, shot in upper spine extension, that fall immediatly to rise again when i was looking other way and flee. Was killed a week after, wound has healed.

Then there were more heads with my K3 6,5x57R and the 30R Blaser and 7Rem Mag barrels. Most of them at around 250 to 300 meters in mountains includind roes which are small sized big game.

So i don't think you will be under gunned with your 95. If you don't heat the barrel too much it will shoot 3 shots group as good as lot of "special custom made long range rig"
And it will be lighter to carry. It's the rifle i bring when travelling Europe on my own hunt (no business)easy to transport through airport, very discret when broken in two pieces.

Enjoy it, good luck, good hunt. Sorry for long thread.

Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)