I was in camp when it came in. Although the photo is a typical hunter sit back type of photo and a little bit 'off' IMO, it was an exceptionally large bear. I have lots of photos of the skull, pads and hide. Skull is accurate, feet were CRAZY huge and the claws about gone and pure white. Awesome to see. I think it squared 10'5" in camp. Real square, though it could have made 11 had they really tried but that's not Brent Jones' style/ THe shooting story at 4 yards is accurate, they hit it the night before at dark and went into the alders at light. Couldn't get up, pretty much wiped. F&G said it was the second largest they had measured at that point for the fall. Gus had the largest. I think he also got a wolf or two. The two guides are the best in Brent's camp. Bear was shot on the Gulf side of the peninsula where a few 'famous' bowhunters have taken theirs as well.

I thought I would get the biggest in camp this fall, but the Doc bear beat my hunters. Not by much ;-) I think we went 11 for 12 and it was a tough year. Brent has a great area.

Cheers. Gooch