Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I've got an older .50 caliber CVA Hawken caplock with the name "HUNTER HAWKEN CARBINE" stamped on the barrel that weighs just 6� handy pounds. And being only 39-inches long (overall), it is a great little woods rifle.

It is my deer rifle and is very accurate with a swaged Hornady .490" patched round ball lubed with a soft mixture of bee's wax and liquid Crisco, a 60/1000ths vegetable fiber over-powder wad and 65 grains of FFFg Swiss for a rifle having only a 24-inch barrel.

This is a moderate load, but I limit my shots to 85 yards or less 'cause while I can see the deer just fine, these old eyes have trouble seeing the iron sights. smile

I'm guessing the twist is 1:48, but regardless, it's ok 'cause I only shoot the swaged Hornady patched, round balls in it which it shoots very accurately making one slightly ragged hole with 3 shots at 25 yards off the "bench".

Unfortunately, it's twist isn't shown in the list above, butttttttttt I may eventually get around to measuring the twist... maybe... possibly... perhaps. grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...