If your rifle's deluxe stock is original to your barreled action, I think that the barrel SHOULD be marked 800BD or 800BDL.

The 3 most common cartridges chambered in the Mossberg 800 were the 308, designated as "A", 243, designated as "B", and 22-250, designated as "C".

800A/B/C = on the standard grade rifles, the roll stamps just ID'd the cartridge chambered.

800AM/BM/CM = on the mannlicher stocked rifles, the rolls stamps ID'd the both the cartridge chambered and the mannlicher stock. The 800s with mannlicher stocks came with 20" barrels, while the other sporters had 22" barrels and the varmint style had 24" barrels.

800ASM/BSM/CSM = on the scope mounted rifles, the roll stamps ID'd both the cartridge chambered and "SM" for "scope mounted" or "scope model".

800BV/CV = on the varmint rifles, the roll stamps ID'd the cartridge chambered and "V" for varmint contour/weight barrel configuration.

The deluxe style like you've bought is a very rare configuration and since I've never owned 1, I can't tell you what the correct roll stamp on the barrel would be, but I think that, like the other higher grade 800s, it should have a letter stamp that identified it as being a deluxe configuration.

If you're interest in finding out more about your Mossberg 800 Deluxe, You might check with Vic Havlin for additional interesting information on it. IIRC, Vic and Cheryl Havlin are co-founders of the Mossberg Collectors Association. www.havlinsales.com

Jeff