Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by castor
Thanks for the suggestions. The Docter sounds good and the price is right but I checked the merkel site and it does not mention optics. I have not been able to locate any dealers/repair center so I'm hesitant on this one. Looking back through the posts I see Zen Ray ED2 & ED3 mentioned quite often. Anyone have experience with these? Are they the same as the Talons? How would these measure against the pentax?
Thanks

I called CDNN investments today and spoke with Steve about the Docter binos. All he could tell me was they have a 30 year warranty. He couldnt answer if its a U.S. warranty or the have to go back to Germany.

There are several retail sellers of Docter Otics, Bear Basin, optics Planit, SWFA and Euro optic to name a few, so I would think there would have to be a U.S. warranty but cant verify.

Steve said they are down to 19 8x42 models, when they are gone there wont be anymore

Seems to be a big push for Docter here, are you a salesman? Bear Basin is no longer a dealer, I talked to them, the reason why, service and sales support were very weak. I would go slow.

Farmboy,,

No not a salesman, the OP mentioned the Docters, I had a pair a few years ago and wish I still had them. I just bought another set of 8x43 binos or I would buy another set of the Docters, I personally wouldnt worry about the warranty as I dought you would ever need it. They probably would have to go back to Germany for repair if ever needed.

Tough to find any Japanese made binos in this price range let alone German made. I'd take these over any of the Chinese made binos no matter the cost or warranty question