This doesn't speak to "best" among a passel of 150 grain bullets, but I think it offers something of value, given the source:

Originally Posted by dogzapper

Are 165-grain Hornady Interlocked bullets adequate for elk? Yup, I've killed a few score with them; never had an elk need two of them and more elk dropped at the shot than not.

The 150-grain Hornady Interlocked is also an incredible elk-killing bullet. Not a classic elk bullet, perhaps, but if anything I've experienced BETTER KILLS with them than any other bullet ... .30-'06 or .308 Winchester, pick your poison.

Note: Elk killing is considerable different than writing stuff in the gun-funnybooks. Also, frankly, it takes many, many years of elk killing to understand what works, what kinda works and what is gonna leave you following a long blood-trail with quite possibly a horrible evening at the end of it.

The Hornady Interlocked 165s and 150s work very well on elk and I prefer them to the 180s and 190s. (That was the next question and I saved someone from asking it)

Steve

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC