I have a Diamondback .38 and like it quite a bit. It is significantly smaller and lighter than a K-frame Smith but shoots very well. Of course I got it a number of years ago when prices were much more reasonable. Not sure I'd care to buy one at today's prices. I don't care for the original grip but it is easily replaceable - I used wood grips from a Police Positive Special (similar to the late Detective Special grips but longer) which I feel is appropriate since it is essentially a target version of that revolver. The DA trigger pull does stack some but I find it tolerable, and there are a couple of smiths around that are supposed to be able to modify it to a single pull like a Smith and Wesson.

You can improve the stacking in some cases by checking whether the two leaves of the mainspring contact each other as the trigger is pulled. If they do, that worsens the stacking significantly. In that case, putting a thin piece of metal between them and cocking the hammer (on an empty cylinder, obviously) will bend them enough so that they no longer contact. Do it carefully and only as much as is needed to prevent the two leaves from contacting each other partway through the DA trigger pull. This won't completely remove the stacking but will improve it and as an added bonus will decrease the DA pull a pound or so.

I should add that I have a Smith M18 in .22LR that I also like a lot. I guess I'm fairly "promiscuous" when it comes to handguns. :-)