Don't have a picture, just great memories !! The year was 1967 and we had a Blizzard the day before season with almost 18" of snow on the ground. My Dad had just returned from town & had spotted a nice buck in the woods near our farm. I volunteered to push the woods to him down the ridge, being only 16 & just legal here in NY. But I had been hunting everything else since I was 7 so I couldn't wait to get a deer.

Well pushed the woods & a nice buck out, but Dad was not there - the snow had flooded the creek & he could not get across. I decided to go up the hill about 200 yards or so to sit & stew about a lost opportunity. Suddenly I heard pounding hoofs & a decent 6 point came running up the hill following my tracks, scared out by Dad. He stopped about 15 feet from me looking down the hill at Dad. I aimed for his neck, closed my eyes & Shot. Well, when I opened my eyes, the buck was doing a backflip, landed on his back & was sliding back down the hill with his hooves pawing the air. He went about 50 yards down hill with me running after him, until he got hung up on a barbed wire fence. I caught up with him just in time to see the big buck looking at me from about 40 yards away - he was standing broadside & was just looking to see what the commotion was about. Having one deer on the ground & one tag, I obviously could only look at him until he decided to scoot out of there.

Probably one of my fondest deer hunting memory. Dad & the farm are long since gone, but those memories live on.