So I'm headin up north to Cabela's and want to know what all I need to get as far as a good shooting off the shelf combo. Things are very hard to come by here in my town so I gotta drive a while to get to something up in the city, and I will be going on Sunday, so they will be the only ones open.

What I'm thinking I want to try first off without blowing all sorts of money out of my wallet, because I spent enough already, is set up a decent load to start out with my KP1 in 50 cal.

After much research online, I was thinking to start with Hornady 50 cal sabot with the 45 cal 240 grain XTP Mag bullet. SKU: 6727 http://www.hornady.com/store/50-Cal-Sabot-with-45-Cal-240-gr-XTP-Mag-Bullet/

Then push it out the barrel with BH209.

But what to ignite it with? Magnum 209's? I mean there is a few out there, but which one should I start out with? What's the best 209 for BH209?

Is this a good start, should I be looking elsewhere at something different. Most shots are within 200 yards, and I will be using this load on muleys and also elk. Of course elk from what I hear from my guide are 300-350 yards which is going to be tricky to say the least. This is why I was mainly looking for a lighter load and good magnum powder charge.

Going to sound partial, but I know someone that uses these bullets and has harvested some REALLY nice mule deer with em, with great results in penetration, knockdown, and better then expected weight retention at only 100 grain pellet Prodex. Grouping is sweet and at least his White handled them great. Reading the reviews, as well as my own observations leave these bullets in good standings.

Please, opinions welcome!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.