Next trip to Africa will be for Leopard, I hope, but I have a lot of questions, maybe some of you experienced guys can help me out. I don't want to do a hound hunt, I just want a shot at a mature male leopard, maybe some other plains game if available as well. I've been to Africa several times, on both rifle and archery hunts, so it's not an unknown. I just have never hunted exclusively for leopard.

1. Current prices for a 12-14 day hunt seem to be all over the board, as low as $8000 to as high as $20K. Why the great disparity?

2. What is a reasonable expectation of taking a leopard? How do you find out without sorting thru mounds of outfitter BS?

3. Assuming I want to hunt in 2013, how much lead time do outfitters need to line up permits, CITES stuff, etc.? Is a year's lead time reasonable, or do I need to allow for more time?

4. How would you rate countries as to their ability to consistently produce good leopards, at some reasonable hunt price?

5. Every once in a while, some outfitter will post a smoking deal on a leopard, at a lowball price. Can these hunts be trusted?

thanks,

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....