I've always been fascinated by the possibilites in making standard Ruger #1 factory offerings into something I want that is not usually on offer by the company. I know many others here -- GH, for one -- have the same wild hair. It might be interesting to list our actual holdings of such rifles -- rather than start another wish list -- if only to asee how widely tastes vary. (I just caught a an epic typo " testes vary"!)

My own interests lie mainly in deer hunting so I have very few mouse or elephant killing calibers in my general collection -- except for way too many .22LRs. So my short list of custom #1s also covers a limited range of calibers. It includes:

-- a 7mm BR #3 ('Lunch pail' gun assembled by Ruger plant workers. Straight english style, schnabled, stock on a 1A-type profile w/o the AH forearm or irons.

-- a 6.5 x55 Built along the same lines as above.

-- a 6.8 SPC II carbine with a synthetic stock and camo wrapping.

-- a .300 H&H rechamberd and rebored 1B (made before Ruger's recent rediscovery of the caliber.)

-- a .338-06 rechambered/rebored 1B

-- a .338 Federal rechambered/rebored 1B

-- a .35 Whelen rechambered/rebored from a 218 Bee S-style with no irons.

-- a .41 mag V type (The big hole cuts weight dramatically.)

-- a 9.3x62 rechambered/rebored 1B with a spectacular (if I say so myself) tiger maple stock.

I am itching to start the next one but I'll need a new part time job before that happens.

Looking forward to your inputs,
1B

Last edited by 1B; 02/21/12.