Yup..Two years ago my wife and I were out shrooming a few miles out of town as my wife yelled,there is a Bear and it fell out of the tree..What?A wolf pack had treed(actually bushed) a smallish Black bear around 150 but a beautiful coat and the sound of my truck scattered the Wolves and the Bear made tracks in a hurry.

Later in the year during hunting season another one hit the narrow road from a steep bank and ran down the road right in front of my son and I for about 50 yards until it was flat enough to get up the bank...This one was about 2-250 pounds..Biggish body and smallish head.I could have run over it had I hit the gas.

In all my years here in Idaho(all 63),I have seen about three Grizzlies and a ton of Black Bears with few if any hitting above say 3-350 pounds at the most.

Council Idaho once quoted from F&G as having 3-4 bears per square mile on the Snake River breaks just above Council to Bear and Cuprum.

I miss the Gandjean area..I have packed from Grandjean to Elk Lake almost to Atlanta..My old stomping grounds when I lived down south.

Jayco