Well I've been walking in the Gun area of Walmart each time I go there because they have all their ML supplies on clearance. In fact I've bought a few things myself. Anyway I knew they would clearance out their ML's but I just had to wait and keep checking back. Well today was that day!

I've been watching the Elkhunter Pro 50 Cal in Black Synthetic stock (PR4610) as it is a nice Blued gun that has a nice fluted barrel and decent feel, bolt action as well, but they wanted $229 for it, and being blued I was interested but not because it had to be the right price. I have decided the last couple of years to only buy Stainless from here on out so that mainly was the turning point for me, and unless there is an ungodly deal!

Well as I made my way over there I could see the new red tag, thought [bleep] because I knew I might be spending more money on guns. Well they knocked it down to $124.99 and I had to jump on it! They also had 2 CVA Wolf in 50 cal for $99, but I passed on those, even though I wanted a brake action.

Came with a parts kit with a second breech plug for Musket, and 11 caps, as well as the breech plug for the 209!

My wife wanted to string me up because I already spent $1k on my latest KP1 and I still haven't gotten the barrel yet! grin

So now I got to take it out to the range so I'm hoping I can do that this week as today the weather didn't cooperate. Do you think a 100-110 grain BH209, with a harvester green rib sabot, and 44 cal Hornady XTP be a great starter load?

Is there something else I should try?

By the way, cleaning the grease out of the barrel was tough! I used Break Free then CLR. Then ran a dry patch through so I think I'm ready to go?

Lastly, do I need to use anti-seize on the breech plug or is there a better cleaner solution like regular gun oil?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.