Not legal in Florida, so I wonder what he was thinking.

Young guy in his late twenties, I'd guess. Wearing black SWAT style pants tucked into SWAT style black boots. His rig was a black tactical style belt and holster, containing a service sized Glock. He wore a gray tucked in T-shirt that said Special Operations on it. He was about 6'2" and athletic. Looked very much the SWAT type, and seemed stable and unconcerned about being seen open carrying. Oddly, though, I was the only person who noticed, and when I passed him within just a few feet, I intentionally let him know I thought it was odd he was carrying like that by looking inquisitively at his Glock. When he noticed that, he seemed to quicken his pace in collecting the produce he was looking for and moved away at a good clip. I saw the produce manager there and asked him if he knew why that guy was openly carrying a sidearm. He said he didn't see him, but he figured he must have a license or he wouldn't be doing it. I informed him that Florida has no legal open carry. At that he seemed a bit troubled, but not enough to call the cops. I finished my shopping and left.

Anybody know what Special Operations refers to? I figure it's some kind of law, but he was not wearing a uniform or a badge, so the law says he's not supposed to carry openly like that. Not that I wouldn't be happy with Florida permitting that, as I favor legal open carry as an option, off duty cop, or anyone else.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]