Originally Posted by shootem
Click the link below for Nitro Ammunition. Scroll down and you'll see the specs for 10ga 3 1/2" 3 ounce loads at 1200fps from a 24" barrel . I ran the numbers for recoil energy out of a 9 lb pump years ago but don't have the formula handy. It was scary. Friend of mine back in Alabama used these with 5 x 7.5 nickle shot in an Ithaca semi-auto. According to him you could shoot thru thick brush with them and they'd just cut a tunnel to the turkey. Nitro builds some wicked ammo.

Nitro Ammo CLICK IT

I had something similar to those, some reloads about 1000-1050 fps I think it was, and a H&R single-shot 10ga. I had never shot it. My father-in-law kept ribbing me and saying "you don't even know if it shoots" I kept saying "when we see a turkey, we'll know if it shoots". Finally we both agreed to shoo it, me first. I used the trick of having him behind and to my left (I am right handed), and leaned hard into the gun, gripping it very tightly. It moved my head around so hard it hurt the pinched nerve in may nexk and made my nose run. I winced but was able to hide the look as I handed it over. he popped a shell in, stood casually like he had a .22 in his hand, and let go. the forend jumped a foot or more out of his hand, and his face went all red from gettign SPANKED in the face by the buttstock comb. he looked at me dazed and I said, "Oh...did I foregt to tell you to hold on?" And blinked.

He cussed me all the way home

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.