Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
All I know is I use Hawkeyes' recipe and I ain't changing for nothing or nobody. My oldest daughter who continually got sick when eating pasta sauce from every recipe I had ever tried, does not get sick when she eats Hawkeyes' recipe. It's versatile, not complicated or expensive to make, and more importantly it is DELICIOUS ! grin
Thanks, Miss Lynn.

Okay---Post it up!!! Please.
Well, there's two of them, but I think I gave Lynn the hour simmer sauce. Just start with about a tablespoon full of lard in a pot, heat it, and saute one large chopped onion in it till soft. Then one or two crushed cloves of garlic for an additional thirty seconds. Then a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil (swirl it around with the onions a bit), and three cans of plum/Roma tomatoes (preferably, certified San Marzano, by Cento) that have each had the hard parts and bits of skin removed by hand and discarded, then crushed by hand before putting in the pot. Then the liquid that came in the cans goes in, along with two teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer for one hour uncovered. Before serving throw in some fresh basil torn up in pieces. Really very simple, but that's the way it's traditionally done. Nothing complicated about a simple Italian American tomato-basil pasta sauce.