Found a rifle on Gunbroker I have been looking for. A stainless Tikka T3 in 300 win mag with a muzzle break. Picked it up for a touch over $500 which I thought to be a good deal.

I've shot a few Tikka's and they have all been tack drivers out of the box. The 270 I shot drop one shot on top of another. Just had a hard time dealing with the recoil which is why I was happy to find a 300 with a muzzle break.

When I took the rifle to the range it became clear why the rifle had been for sale. I couldn't get the rifle to shoot under 2" at 100 yards. I tried three different factory loads with the same results. Looks like I ended up with a lemon.

I would like to run a few handloads down the barrel before I decide what to do next. I would like to push a 180 gr Accubond or TTSX but am open to whatever you all use.

This will be a test for the rifle. If it does not shoot well I will most likely throw on an aftermarket tube. I cannot sell a rifle in good faith knowing it does not live up to expectations.

Thanks in advance for your help,