Originally Posted by jorgeI
No offense taken but your second paragraph leads me to believe you still don't capture what I am trying to say. When you put five thousand men and women whose average age is 19 on a floating 1000'X200' container, you just can't repress that and that in those RARE ocassions where a good looking female walks into a space, the first thoughts are not "gee I wonder what her flying skills are" but rather how one could improve her looks with my balls on her chin. I'm being purposely graphic but that is EXACTLY what happens. And males AND females hormones play, but males, infused with a LOT more testosterone are more aggressive(another issue we've not discussed and probably the main reason men do what they do). I don't care if they can do the fundamentals, we are a lesser armed force with women in the way. jorge

I get it now, I always assume everyone is like I am I guess. You turn it off and on when required etc.... and yeah, you are almost 99.9 percent probably dead on, with that many on board, some are gonna crack.
I know I can damn sure look at one walk by today and thoughts enter my mind, yet I know better than to act on them.
I"ve considered the testosterone issues before and come to the conclusion that if you don't change the parameters for ANYONE, you'll wash out all that have no ability to do what they need to when they need to.

I'll also assume that probably less than 5% of women would qualify all the way around. But those that do, would, IMHO ,be as much of a killer so to speak as any of the males out there.

I may not agree with all your theories, but I do like to hear others points of view as it can change how I view things.

The only thing in these conversations that SUCKS, is that its keyboard to keyboard, rather than face to face around a "campfire". Things would easier sort themselves out and not "sound" like such a fight most of the time.

And all teh while I've wondered about taking young males away from forms of entertainment for months at a time and how that handles itself anyway. Now that you mention it the addition of females to the mix, at least some of them anyway, is probably not a great thing. More so than anything, its probably an non needed distraction added into the formula when very dangerous things are a daily, hourly, minute by minute occurence.
Fairly as noted some will do stupid things to protect a female, when they would not a fellow male and even things like that are better off the field of battle than on it.

Job well done Jorge, you've forced me to think the whole thing through, and something I couldn't have done without your and others input from having BTDT.

Just like when I joined the fire dept... I had preconcieved notions that were NO where near what reality is.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....