Well, my wife and I figured that with our second child on the way and the amount of film we burnt up on the first one, it may be time to get a digital camera. Right now I have a Minolta XTSi SLR that I like, but I want something that I can easily put in my pocket. Like most of you, I do a lot of hiking and camping so I want one that is durable and has a long battery life. I also wanted 5 mp or more, at least a 3x optical zoom, and the ability to turn off the LCD and use a viewfinder (for added battery life). So, with these desired features in mind I headed off to the local camera stores. After looking at a lot of them, I came away really liking the Nikon Coolpix 7900. Does anyone have experience with this camera that they could share? It has all the features that I want, except for the fact that the battery is a rechargable Lithium-ion. I can see this being a problem in the future if they stop making the battery. With cameras powered by the typical CR2's or even AA's you know that you will always have batteries available. Am I being paranoid or will this be a problem? Also, they wanted $479 CAD for it (with battery and charger, but no memory card) which is about $400 USD. Is that a good price? Thanks all...

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke