The few times I hunted there, there were some beater rifles of various types in the rack. Probable the 270 was among them. I did not pay much attention. I was too busy drooling over the couple high grade browning BARs in the rack. Don't know what grade but they were just drop dead gorgeous fully engraved gold inlay high end walnut.

I have done my share of buying at the shop as well. I usually pay a little bit more but it is nice to deal with people that have a brain. A great selection and some cool mounts to look as well as the great staff makes it worth the drive from Milwaukee. Everytime I have stopped in for just something little I end up walking out with a new gun.

To get the thread back on track. I have few NIBs stashed away. Nicest and most unusual is a Savage 99 in 375 Winchester. Hang tag still on it perfect example. Other than that I got a good number of oddball 10/22s. Not high end or all that unusual but all worth way more than I paid. Bought them figuring they would be good for the future collector market. Now I just need to actual decide to sell them.