Scott:

You are a good man. You need to take that to the bank. What I can tell you in this life is that we will make make mistakes. It is what we do with those mistakes that marks us. In this case you read something that someone misread or misintepreted and formed an opinion.

You have the good grace of God and the forutitous circumstance to read and interpret for yourself. And I agree, as an English and German major I read not only "Lord of the Flies", but also "The Geatest Game", but also "Nacht Schalfen die Ratten Doch", and I think in spite or 4 years at VMI and my own issues, I turned out ok-same for you.

Literature, should we allow it to do what it is intended to do, is instructive, informative and entertaining. How and in what way we are open to that instruction is what is critical. None of this is intended to be critical of you, because I know what I have seen of you and you are a good man. Just read the real McCoy and then let's talk. I haven't read the series either, but I will and would be happy to discuss.

Best regards and wishing you and your family the best,

Bill