Originally Posted by HE112
There can be variables on this, I got away with a Simmons low end centerfire rifle scope years ago on my RWS 52 side springer, but it did not last long after that when I put it on my CZ 527 rifle, I don't shoot my pellet guns as much as some people. I have read of people only getting 100 shots out of a conventional scope on their springers, I can imagine that is expensive!

I had a Leapers 4X on my last RWS 52 before I sold it, and it held up fine, but the Leapers airgun scopes are made for the pounding. I recently bought a new RWS 34 barrel pump springer, took it to the range and my bench position was on the awkward side, so the but of the rifle was riding on my collar bone, I kept feeling pain after the recoil of the gun, could feel the double affect, when I got home I had a nasty bruise on my shoulder, a real reminder of how hard the double kick is on these springers.

Yes they can be variables, but it's kinda like playing Russian Roulette, you have zero clue as to when it's going to die on you. I put a Bushnell Sport View on my stock model 48 and it held POI with no shifts or breaking until I took it off when I sold the gun. But then again, I also put a spanking brand new Bushnell Legend (AG rated) on my Weihrauch 80,(Beeman R1) and it died within 100 shots. I gave up on Bushnell and went with Hawke Optics, zero failure on any of my guns since day 1. And my original scope, a Air Max is still holding zero on my gas rammed Webley Stingray since it was mounted 8 years ago. And Hawkes are A LOT cheaper than Bushnells and offer more value for your money. Hawke also has 2 computer programs that can be downloaded for free and works with the Hawke reticules, both will put you on target. They're called Hawke BRC and Chairgun.

S.W.A.G. it