Originally Posted by Tanner
aalf, you're going to have to throw some paint on that Leupy sooner or later laugh

And the barrel....give me time......

Originally Posted by HawkI
I'll let Al go into his neat little cartridge

I was thinkin' of ya when I wrote out my "cat's" dimensions..... wink

Originally Posted by HawkI
I want to know why the VLD over the A-Max?

I know most seem to be enamored with the A-Max, but the VLD's always shoot better for me, in this cartridge and my 22-250 Ackley.

I believe the Berger is a little tougher as well.

Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
So, it's nearly the twin of the 22-204??

Well.... I 'pose I'll have to come clean now....it is a 22-204....yuk yuk....

Every time, without fail, when I say it's chambered in 22-204, the first question/statement is "isn't that just a 222 Rem Mag all over again?" That's why I gave the dimensional differences in my "New Cat".

Originally Posted by 7_08FAN
just wondering what dies you use for this. I assume custom? If so what blanks. Is the first step pretty much a fire form?

For dies, I just had a Redding 204 neck die honed out to the dimension I wanted. I also had a 204 Redding body die opened up to only bump the shoulder and squeeze the base.

For seating, I had L.E. Wilson make me an inline bullet seater to be used with my arbor press.

No fireforming is needed. Neck 'em up and and start load work.

Absolutely no reason to chamber a 223 Ackley any more........

Originally Posted by 7_08FAN
Do you find the 75gr low drags have any better killing power on the yotes than say 50gr or just work better at long distance.

I see no down side to the 75 VLD's. I've killed from 30 yards to a couple of hundred (so far), and bullet performance has been great. No exits on frontals, and dime size exits on behind the shoulder shots. Plus, I can run to a bit over 700 with the CDS turret, where the lighter bullets fade away at distance. I've shot to 600 to confirm, and have no hesitation to shoot to 700.