I was minding my own business yesterday when I stumbled upon THIS:

https://kifaru.net/woobieXpress.html

A wearable woobie. Do I need one? Here's how I could rationalize it:

I love my regular G2 Woobie. I used it on an October elk hunt in CO last year as an extra blanket (in the wall tent) and loved it. Then I folded it in half and used it as a rectangular sleeping bag (with the loops tied together) and it kept me warm in shorts and a t-shirt while camping on the beach in the low 50's in February. I love the thing.

My plan for a late August backpack archery elk hunt in CO this year calls for the woobie as backup warmth to a green usgi patrol bag. Together with a Western Mountaineering flash vest (emergency layer in daypack) and a WM flash jacket (pillow, emercency camp warmth layer) my sleep system / warmth system (other things being equal) weighs in at 5 lbs.

Now comes the Woobie Express. If I get one I could use it to replace the down vest and jacket (even trade weight-wise, plus I won't have to worry about the down getting wet). It would also cover my need for a pillow, parka, and emergency daypack blanket. I don't think it's big enough to count on it to boost the warmth of the green patrol bag, however. So I could ditch the patrol bag and standard woobie and get a 20 degree Kifaru slick bag. All said and done, I'd be going from 5 lbs down to 3 lbs, 4 oz. (Less the weight of 5 $100 bills.)

The woobie express seems like it would be nice to have after hiking in to the morning spot, waiting for the sun to come up. Also looks like a dandy pillow, which is important to me. I know I can use it during future rifle season hunts, but this will be my first archery hunt in Colorado, so I feel like I'm guessing a little when it comes to weather.

Am I overthinkin it? Has anyone even seen one of these new things? I'd like to pull the trigger on one of these soon if I'm gonna do it. Last time I got this excited about a strange, new product from Kifaru was when they introduced the folding chair and they closed the window before I could bring myself to order one.

Opinions?