I have FFP and SFP TDS reticles in Kahles (SFP), Swaro (FFP in PH and SFP in Z6) and Schmidt and Bender FFP.

For hunting I like the FFP it's simpler and accurate regardless of power. My SFP scopes are 12x max power and most are 10 tops.

Don't want to start a match here but in my opinion the TDS in the FFP is the slickest arrangement when used in combination with a good range finder that comps for angle to take high probability shots out to 600 yards. Certainly, turrets and heavy rifles with more power can be used for longer shots, but that much more specialized than typical stalk and shoot hunting. I have very successfully used a KAHLES 3.5 -10 SFP TDS in Africa on a 300 Win Mag to take a lot of game. But as another post above says when I relied on the TDS drop compensation stdia bars I was at 10X, my other shots were all close so I could use the main crosshair and compensate for the 200yd zero (which wasn't tooo often needed witha 1.3" high 100yd setting). My last trip the rifle wore the 4-16 S&B and I made some of the best shots I've made in the wide open grassy flats. Also got a Jackal running at between 250 and 300 on the second shot. The scope as I recall was on about 6-7x, but that mag didn't really matter because it's FFP.

I prefer the FFP to the second. I do not find the subtension a handicap for hunting. I guess for BR competition you might want a thinner x-hair. After all in FFP the subtension is constant across power. It's the SFP that subtension changes.