[b][/b]Warning if you don't like repro don't read the following.[b]

Three days ago got the Pedersoli 86/71 repro to test fire for a magazine.
The model they send me to test is specialy made for driven hunt guys or dog leaders in beat. They call it Boar Buster and it's chambered in 444Marlin.
Wood, steel, bleuing is first class (i know most of you will not like it). The barrel on that model is very short (19inches); of a profile close to the original 71. Big difference except caliber is a steel rail fixed to the barrel, mounting rear sight and dovetailed for special forward scope mount.
To bad the Pedersoli guys did'nt go to Weaver/Picatinny standard. Too bad they also choose sort of Micro Groove rifling (12) and slow twist of 38inch.

Action is very smooth not far from the Winchester 86 repro with tang safety. On the Boar Buster, italians went to the same thing, dumb idea to my point of view.

Stock and front hand guard are from good turkish walnut with a semi-gloss oil treatment, look strong.
Sling swivel mount are installed ( people who lead dogs often carry rifle on their back or on shoulder)
The magazine hold 5 triple four cartridges. A good fire power when hogs are on the menu.
The two locking bolt are closer to 71 than original 86 but lever stay closed even with very warm handload.
First test were for reliability and fonction, using standard pressure 444 loaded by french custom cartridges manufacturer, we shot 40 rounds, from bench (elbow rest) and from standing position. Target were just empty coke can (i don't like coke) at 50 meters. Once used to the very short sight lenght the red can were in danger.
The sight base is very short (10 inches), rear sight is sort of Williams or LPA with two FO green inserts, front is a classic red FO. A bit too high, need to be changed for a lower one.
After that we came to high power cartridge testing and hunting accuracy control at 100meters (110yards) from the seating on elbows rest.

We had four loadings of 5 cartridges with 250grs Hawk, 265 Hornady, 270 Gold Dot Speer and 300grs Hornady.
We wanted to measure velocity and accuracy, particulary with 300grs bullets.
Will not give you loding datas but the most accurate loaging were 265 with french powder close to 4198 and Speer gold dot with VN 120. With VN 120 and 270 we got 2330fps with only 5fps ES...Bench rest datas. The Hornady 265 was faster with TU2000 Vectan powder at almost 2390fps average (19in barrel)

Using Champion Deer Xray target these ten rounds stood in the lung heart area. Not too bad with sight that cover almost all the target at 100m.
Even pushed to a speed i prefer not to announce, the 300grs opened the group erraticaly, not enough to miss boar at 50 to 70 meters but not accurate for smaller game at longer range.
Temperature was 27�C and a warm wind from North Africa was blowing on our range.
I made the barrel heat to burn, not a single problem of extraction or ejection, not a single trace of metal wear on the two bolt or bolt recess. I know, 60 rounds are nothing to judge but it's the first contact, will push the test farther and try to break the thing. Stay tuned.

PS: I know about these rifles a bit, i own 2x 45-70 mod86, 2 mod 71 and a custom one in 50Ak.

Pedersoli is making other version without tang safety in 45-70, looks like 71 or 86 extra light weight. In France the Boar Buster cost 1250euro.

Not a bad rifle to use boar/hogs hunting.
The rifle and some standard 240grs cartridges
[Linked Image]
Above the original 71 custom 50Ak, then Pedersoli, down the Winchester tang safety model 86 cal45-70
[Linked Image]
Boar buster in recoil.
[Linked Image]

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)