I have the 6000. I used it on multiple backpacking trips last summer and on 3 backpack hunts totaling 16 days and did pack out a bull elk in it. That said my experience has been great. There is one major flaw that seems to be the driving issue for most folks disliking it and that is the shoulder straps slipped. When you put a good amount of weight in to it the shoulder straps would slowly slip until all the weight was on your hips and the pack was moving around. This was miserable! They just sent out new straps for free and it has solved the problem for me. I got this pack specifically to be able to take in a camp then use it as a day pack while hunting and it is perfect for that. It is light and straps down to almost flat and moves with the body well. Others have had issues with the hip belt design but I love it. The pack really moves with your body which was awesome while bow hunting, I wouldn't even take the pack off when stalking. This hip belt design is the same that arxteryx and Black diamond are using and seem to be popular with their crowds for what its worth and it could be worth researching there packs to compare reviews. When you have a heavy load in the pack you just tighten up the straps and the belt wont sway as much but if you dont it will sway you off balance and be really annoying. It was comfortable packing out a young bull in two trips so no complaints. It may not carry weight over 80 lbs as well as a mystery ranch but for me I wanted a pack that was a jack of all trades and if I wanted a pack to haul 100lbs I would get a frame pack but to each their own. This forum is strongly in favor of Mystery Ranch and for good reason mind you but it seems hard to get good reviews on any competitors so good luck and hope this helps!