It was mentioned earlier. In your situation, I would be looking at the stroker kit, and a cam perfectly suited to YOUR application. Turning that 350 into a 383 with an appropiate cam will gain you significant torque and horsepower for a pick up application.

3.55 gears in the back is not a bad deal, as long as you are not trying to tow five ton trailers. The proper cam for the application goes a long way toward making your gears work.

For about ten years my "farm truck" was an 84 K5 Blazer. It came with a 305, a four speed manual, and 2.72 gears. I towed a trailer with three cord of wood home from the mountains several times a year, as well as four horses in a stock trailer, and the flatbed with 4 tons of hay on it.

The second year I owned it, I transplanted a 350 into the truck. It came from a 71 Nova and was stock except for the cam.

A local shop had a computer program where they keyed in the application parameters. 2.72 Gears, 255-85-16 tires, four speed tranny, typical tow weight-up to ten thousand pounds, engine size- 350 cid. Then they sold me a cam for the application.

My Blazer got 8% better mileage on the highway, better performance all around, and an incredible increase in torque with the increased cubes, increased compression, and a cam perfectly suited for the application.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.