Originally Posted by 444Matt
Just read a few negative reviews on that TC HotShot. Have you had any issues with light primer strikes in yours bruinruin?

Trying to find a stepping stone rifle if you will before I move him up to something like the BL22 or the CZ 452 scout mentioned.

Just went through the same scenario with my daughter who just turned seven. We went to Bass Pro and a gun show and let her handle several makes and models. I learned pretty quickly that even the CZ scout was too heavy for her to shoot off hand for more than just a few shots without getting tired. The Davy Cricket was the lightest but is very cheaply made. My brother bought one for his son and the sights shoot loose, it is not very accurate and just feels dinky. We ended up with the Henry Mini Bolt. It has nice fiber optic sights, and more substantial feel than the Cricket or Chipmunk. She loves it and is becoming a pretty good shot with it. She can take about 20-25 offhand shots before she starts the leaning back posture that signals she is getting tired. I know she will outgrow it in a couple of years, but I thought it was important to get her a rifle that fit properly right now so that she can learn proper offhand shooting technique from the start, and no be relegated to shooting from a bench.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.