I have had problems with Warne rings on Weaver aluminum bases. The Weaver aluminum bases are deeply grooved in the middle so the open sights can be seen. This leaves two small slots on either side of the base for the ring crossbolts to mate with and resist recoil. The steel "key" in the Warne rings is barely wide enough to reach the little slots in the Weaver bases, and the key only extends part way into the slots. The result is very little shear area between the two. I have seen the Warne rings move and actually shear off the aluminum from the Weaver bases.

I suggest you use only Warne steel bases with Warne rings. The Warne bases are not grooved for open sight visibility so the cross slots are as wide as the base. This means the key on the Warne rings is fully supported, and there is maximum shear area.

Actually, I do not like Warne rings. The small recoil "key" mounts in round slot and is not very rigid in my estimation. The rings are also heavier than a dead preacher. I much prefer Weaver rings in Weaver bases.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.