So I got a Mosin. Well, GopherGunner got me a Mosin. I've already got a Mauser, not to mention my Mauser-based hunting rifle, and I want to toy around with 'smithing projects. So far, I shortened the forend (though I may actually further shorten it), removed the barrel bands and upper handguard, and free-floated the barrel channel.

So, firstly, the plan.

- Pillar bed the action with Rock Solid pillars
- Glass bed the barrel channel and action
- Inlet stock and install Timney trigger
- Install a short section of picatinny rail for mounting a sling swivel and bipod
- Drill and tap for Rock Solid scope mount
- Install adjustable cheek piece
- Install rubber recoil pad; possibly shorten stock
- Refinish the stock once this all is done
- Smooth out the crown
- Possibly DuraCoat the metal parts if they get dinged up enough. Don't worry, it'd be black!

I'll also obviously need the bolt chopped and flopped. I'm gonna contact local gunsmiths since I don't have the tools to do this (at least with the quality I desire), but it might end up being cheaper to buy a bent bolt handle/body online. I'd also prefer to get the drilling/tapping done by a smith, unless it's expensive... Are there any good kits for such a thing? I apologize for my inexperience.

The rest of the process seems relatively easy, if not time-consuming. Anything I need to be especially wary of when bedding?