Originally Posted by Dawgin'it
Stagflation is defined as a combination of high inflation and a stagnant economy. No question we currently have a stagnant economy, but high inflation too?? I dunno, but the current under 3% inflation rate is generally not considered a high at least by historical standards. Consequently, I personally find the article a bit of a stretch.

If I were you, I'd take .gov (BLS) economic statistics with a large block of salt. They are gamed to show the most positive outlook FBO the Executive, and the CPI has been statistically manipulated to reduce payments to Social Security, and .gov/.mil retirement COLA's. Here's a site that is run by an economist who follows the CPI and employment stats the way they were calculated in 1980, before all the revisions were done to make the ongoing debasement of our currency look better.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson