Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
When the M700 Ti rifles came out I was keen to get one in 30-06. Problem was every one I looked at had these "chatter marks" in the bore just as described here. It seemed to be unique to the Ti rifles in 30-06 caliber as I have not seen it in other Remmy rifles. It was enough to scare me off from buying one of the expensive little bastards.

This! I bought an early 30-06 Titanium. Before taking it to the range I ran a patch down the bore and found chatter the length of the bore - both the lands and grooves. I had the dealer send it back. After waitng months I finally got it back... but it wasn't my original rifle (different serial #) and the bore wasn't much better. I raised royal you-know-what and they finally sent one which they said was assembled by the custom shop with a LOW serial number. Every 06' Ti I looked at for awhile exhibited this same chatter to varying degrees but that first one was truly horrific.

I even bought a take-off barrel and specifically asked the seller if it had any chatter. He said no, but it did. I have also seen the condition in at least one 7mm-08 Ti. My .270 Ti was OK but had an imperfection in the chamber and now wears a Hart bbl. - Captain -

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"