Well, maybe not.

Next I will lay out the pieces for the handle halves. I am cutting rectangles that are 1.5" x 5.5". This gives me plenty of room and still have little waste. Don't be stingy with material here. It is better to have a little waste than to struggle trying to get your template on the piece.

[Linked Image]

Next I will dye the titanium and the blade material and get them ready to lay the template on and first drill pivot holes, stop pin hole in the handles and then scribe and get ready to cut. At this point always use the template to drill the holes in one side of the handle then use that side as a guide to drill the other side. If you use the template to drill both sides the holes will not line up in a 100 years. Not in my shop anyway.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We are now ready to start cutting parts.

The blade steel cleaned up at .161 thick. We will go with that. The thickness of the blades dictate the dimensions of all the other parts in this knife. Since I do not use any "Store Bought" parts this should not present a problem.

Since this is a fairly large knife I decided to go with .063 titanium instead of .052.

At this time I really don't have a concrete plan. I have a line of attack in my mind. I guess this is a build of do as you go. I have not yet cut out the frame and already changed the thickness of the titanium. Before this is done there will be more changes I am sure.

As you can see, I am cutting out two sets of parts. If all goes well Ossian gets one and I get one........If not Ossian gets one and I get none.....

More tomorrow I hope. I have to pick beans and plant tomatoes in the morning.

Last edited by winstonknives; 06/21/12.