Looking to pick up another piece of glass to put on one of my .300's or possibly my 7RM. Rifle/scope will be used for general big game hunting, from trips for elk to whitetails to hogs in Texas to possibly plains game in Africa in a few years. I currently have a Cabelas Euro in 3-9x42 with the EXT reticle on my .280, and absolutely love it. Couldn't ask for more for the buck. I had been planning to get another in 4-12x50 to put on one of the above rifles, but was looking at the store and got to play with a new VX2 for awhile. They seem very nice indeed. I could get a 4-12x50 VX2 for about $50 less, but I am not sure if the savings would be worth not getting the Euro/Meopta. It's hard to compare the two inside of a store. Anybody have any experience with a new VX2 that is also familiar with or an owner of a Meopta or Euro, or even a Conquest or Minox- which are comparable to the Meoptas? Any input would be appreciated. I don't want to spend in the neighborhood of $500 on a scope and not be happy with it.