Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by mart
My wife has a BSA Majestic in 308 which belonged to her late brother. We have used it some over the years but I have never really spent much time with it developing loads. She would like to use it this year for moose hunting with me. I am a devoted Nosler Partition fan but have never tried the 180 grain Partition in the 308. Any favorite loads for this combination? Any input would be appreciated. I have 4895, 4320, 3031, H380, RL15 and BL-C2 on hand. Thanks in advance.

Mart

Forget about the bullets and go and tell Lisa Kelly from Wasilla I love her...........Ok enough of that,,, blush. I'd go with the 180 partition and never look back........I'd run a max load (if the rifle will take it) of IMR 4350 (50 GR'S) and let us know how it does.....Remember to work up to max....and remember to say high to Lisa for me.... whistle

Who is Lisa Kelly? I would pass her a note in study hall for you but I haven't been in junior high for 40 years.

The rest of you guys, thanks for the load ideas. I will pick up some 180's today and work up some loads to try this next week off.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.