I was bit by a similar appearing spider (although looking through the plastic container it surely isn't the same species). Reached into the pool skimmer to clean out leaves and felt a sting similar to a bee sting. Turned out to be a male tarantula that hadn't drowned by the time I encountered it. Male tarantulas are longer, slimmer and have a smaller abdomen than the female. So I trapped it in a jar and headed off to the ER. The triage nurse said it was a good thing I came in and brought the spider with me. They identified it and found it wasn't particularly venomous, but gave me a tetanus vaccine injection anyway.

The nurse said it isn't a good idea to ignore a spider bite, she recalled her friend, also a nurse, was bitten by a brown recluse spider. She didn't have it looked at until symptoms developed. First they cut out a large portion of flesh around the bite, then they amputated her leg below the knee, then the entire leg, then the poor woman died. Seems the spider's bite can also cause necrotizing fasciitis, so if the venom doesn't get you the infection will. The park I managed was home to black widows and brown recluse spiders, one had to be careful lifting a manhole cover, one manhole contained at least 200 black widows. It had to be fogged with insecticide before rodding the line.

When it comes to large dangerous spiders, kill 'em all.