Originally Posted by BlackDog1
I agree that skill and woodcraft are first and foremost, unfortunately though, you can't walk into your local store today and buy the same laundry soaps you could 40 years ago without all the UV brighteners and fragrances added to them, some of which I'm sure could make a person glow like a lighthouse at the coast, and smell real nice for up to a week too. I also think that it bears some consideration if it places an additional disadvantage on the hunter if an animals keen eyesight will pick up your glow, moving or not, well before his nose knows you're there.

Fortunately for me, I'm all about being disadvantaged when I personally hunt for myself. But, that's me. I like a challenge. In any case, I've not had any problem sneaking within spitting range of all sorts of different big-game species in recent years. Granted, eastern whitetail deer can sometimes be tough, but a little forethought and strategic application of that forethought goes a long way when chasing odocoleius virginianus virginianus. But to this day, I still use over-the-counter laundry products such as Gain, Clorox and Downy. For me, the more difficult a hunt is, the more I appreciate it and am grateful for it.