George in SD;
As noted by others here already the majority of the off shore diesel rigs seen here in BC are right hand drive models.

There are a few outfits here that specialize in them and while there are some pickups we mostly see 4x4 vans and Land Cruiser type rigs.

They tend to be at least 15 years old - I think anyway??? - and are almost all very low mileage and very, very well maintained.

I've heard it has something to do with not being allowed to drive a vehicle over 15 years old back in Japan - and I guess they typically don't drive that much if the low odometer readings are any indication.

So the good news is here in BC there are quite a few to be found.

The bad news is that because they are optioned out turbo diesel units the asking price is typically a little high - but then they seem to sell all they can bring in - so I guess it isn't that high then. frown

My neighbor's Dad has a smaller Land Cruiser from Micronesia or someplace like that with a left hand drive that they can't get some parts for here and then too his sister had a bigger Land Cruiser that they either couldn't find some injector/pressure pump parts for or someone who knew how to work on it.

I can't recall the details exactly and apologize for that, but parts aren't seamless up here...

There are other odd things about right hand drives as well, such as the headlights point slightly in the wrong direction for our roads - or so my VW mechanic told me anyway.

If you'd like some links to some of the importers up here, please let me know and I'll fire off a couple to you that I know are busy, but I don't know what they are like to deal with - sorry.

Hopefully that was some use to you. Good luck with your search for a diesel Toyota.

Regards,
Dwayne

PS:
We've got an Iseki (Japanese) tractor, a VW TDI and a Cummins Dodge in the yard at present, so we're kinda fond of oil burners at our house too. wink

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"