Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Yes! Welcome to the 'Fire! I'm not a new member, but I am new to SASS and am contemplating taking the plunge. As with any shooting sport it takes a serious outlay of cash to get started; when you're broke buying anything is a serious outlay of cash. Two pistols, a lever action rifle and a scatter-gun, all period correct. I don't know where to start. Terry? HELP!!
Howdy! when I started SASS/CAS a few years back I initially went with a pair of Taylor & Co. .45 SAAs, and and Uberti lever gun to match. I then picked up a Rossi coach gun (not my smartest purchase, but it worked okay) and a double holster rig from Kirkpatrick Leather. By the time the dust had settled I was out a tad over $3000. After about my third or fourth shoot I sold the .45 revolvers and lever gun to another "newbie" and moved over to shooting .38s -- vastly less expensive since I don't reload (yet). If I had shopped around I probably could have put everything together for about $2000. Live and learn, as the man says. Live and learn.

Last edited by Old_Writer; 07/26/12.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne