Originally Posted by Cheyenne
crosshair, I am sorry if I misunderstood the true meaning of your post by responding to it literally.

Anyway, my post pointed out where people can get some unvarnished facts, and everybody can draw whatever conclusions they want from them about what happened. The response sounded quick, and everybody sounded like they were attempting to stay on task under newer protocols, but dynamic situations rarely go 100% according to plan.

After the Lucasville Riot my department developed a Critical Incident Management plan. That is an ongoing development. It sets forward plans for situations and a system for management. I think that type of system is in effect in every department and city. But it takes time to evaluate and deploy, no way around that.

After Columbine cops in Colorado (and elsewhere) no longer set up a perimeter first. They go straight in. First and foremost stop the shooter and save lives.

If this is true, and it likely is, those cops are entering a situation absolutely blind and dumb. They no nothing of the situation at hand and are in extreme danger. Information received in those opening minutes is either nonexistent or very unreliable. They are sent in to buy time at a very high price, potentially their lives.

Here's a question I've been pondering. Had the police engaged and either by missing or with a pass through hit a bystander, what would happen to him both criminally and civilly? I imagine civilly the officer would retain his sovereign immunity and the department take any hit. I can't imagine he would be criminally charged.

Now change the officer to a CCW holder under the same set of circumstances, What then?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.