I re-chambered a Winchester M70 .458 win to .458 Lott , I got the chamber reamer, pilots, go/no go gauges from Pacific tool and gauge. Its a straigh forward job to do. I didn't need to alter the rails. it fed just fine. I pilar beded the stock, and also fitted two Tally K98 cross boltls which I also bedded. I fitted "The Max" recoil reducer in the butt.
I shortened the barrel to 21"
I am pushing a 450gr TSX@ 2372fps and its very nice to shoot.
I fitted a Leupold 1.25-4x20 and that works well along with quick release mounts. I took the flip up leaf sight off so it just left a single leaf. Its basically a 50yard gun. but I can get a clover leaf at 100yds off the bench. It does hurt from the bench, but standing or off sticks is fine.
I took it to Namibia last year, and sat up a tree with it and shot a Kudu, so if it can be shot from sitting on a branch and not kicking me off, then it carn't be that bad to shoot!
I used it on driven boar in Croatia and it proved very effective, but worked best without the scope.
I was going to go back out to Africa with it on cull BufF , but that fell through, so maybe next year for that.
Every one has their own idea of what they want as a rifle, I had mine,and I built it,and I'm happy with it, but it may not be you have in mind.
If you do go for a Lott then you can still run .458 win mag in it. You can use lighter bullets with reduced loads for hogs and go up to 450 0r 500 for Africa. I would reccomend the 450TSX.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]