Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by brinky72
I love how all the anti-government folks bitch and whine about all that is wrong but do absolutely nothing to change it besides boo hoo about it. If your not being part of the solution you're part of the problem. The beauty of our free country is that if you don't like it you can always pack up your chit and leave.

If things ever get to the point that there are enough anti-government people who are anti-government enough to "do something about the problem," the way you mean it, you and the people like you will be the folks about whom the most ends up being done: because the politicians will make damn sure they have you between them and the doers, and your butts pinched in the crack rather than their own.

I know there's an awful lot about me, about anarchists, and about anarchism that you don't understand, don't care about, and don't want to care about; but believe this: among the burgeoning multitudes of people who are becoming more and more incensed by the government, its usurpations, and its utter indifference to their increasing frustration, people like me are just about the best friends people like you are going to be able to hope for.

It'd be unfortunate for you if you succeeded in alienating even some of us ahead of time.
You think lamp posts will be in high demand at that point, Barak? grin

By folks like the Tea Party? By folks like Occupy Wall Street? Absolutely. But the politicians will be hiding behind folks like brinky72 when that time comes; anyone who wants a politician is going to have to put down enough goons to get to him.

We and brinky72 and RDFinn are never going to be BFFs, but at least we're more likely to look at politicians they'll be forced to protect as being mostly irrelevant minor irritants than we are to look at them as targets of murderous vengeance.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867