Originally Posted by Paperkiller
I recently bought some wc842 military (cfe223) this stuff really shoots in everything I have tried it in BUTTTTTTTT its hot Even starting loads with cfe223 data give me a few punctured primers Im using cci 400 primers and get no other pressure signs with starting load . guns are my go toos so not worried about them. Is there a harder primer I can try . Im REALLY likn this powder if I can get over this prob. HELP

Paperkiller,

As followup, are your "go-to" rifles, semi-autos by any chance? The CCI #41's were designed to prevent slam fires in semi & full auto weapons, thus the tougher cup material.

Have the firing pin springs been replaced?

What other powders have you successfully used in these rifles?

As also mentioned, once you start piercing primers, firing pin erosion will make the problems even worse.

As you can tell, there are a number of things that could be causing the problem, and several possible solutions.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell