I hate semi-auto rimfire rifles! I've had a few 10/22's (still have one that I just put a Clark midweight barrel on), a Remington 552, and a Remington 550. All have performed very well except for the 550. The 550 had the threaded receiver cap that holds the recoil spring in stripped. It had enough thread left to keep the cap in place until you fired it. I escaped with a black eye and small scrape but I got rid of that gun quickly (I did tell the next in line that it had a problem). But, none of these guns tickled my fancy. I'm a bolt action and levergun type of guy at heart.

However, I recently bought a 1951 Model 63 and I absolutely love this gun. It's about a 95% gun on wood and metal. Not a collector nor something to be embarrassed about owning. It performs flawlessly, is accurate enough despite the factory sights, balances and carries easily, and it's got character.

Now I would like to have one for the safe. I've located one that was also made in 1951 is in 99+% but has been fired with original box and papers.

What do you think it's worth???