Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by ingwe
the Blaser will have schitt for resale value ( and you will resell it...)

So Wrong I don't know where to begin. I've bought and sold so many Blaser componets I can't count them all, and trust me you don't lose anything. I could take that rifle your looking at and sell all the pieces off 1 by 1 for a considerable profit in probably a weeks time. People on this site are clueless about Blasers and haters because they don't have them. I currently own 3 and love them for. For the traveling hunter, which it sounds like you are, there is no choice better than the Blaser R93 or R8.

I would like to know why you want this "Africa" package blaser though? Alex at Eurooptics can hook you up with an aluminum receiver R-8 package for much less money. But if you just want the ultimate, you found it.

Well, not knowing too much about Blasers, but still a bit leery over their aluminum receivers, especially for large bore high pressure cartridges...the STEEL receiver of this model so called the "Professional Hunter" (Selous Safari).
Plus, I price-parted it out to well over $10,000. and thought at $7K, the price the guy came down to, it was a steal!