The one I have is an excellent rifle, very accurate with several loads both factory and hand loads, jacketed and cast bullets. It came out of the box working smoothly with an acceptable trigger so I have'nt done any tuning or tweaking on the operating mechanics. The stock is pretty plain would have liked a little more grain in the wood but every one of these rifles I've seen were kind of plain. Even with the 26 inch octagon barrel it is surprisingly light and handles well. The only complaints I had was the hard plastic buttplate was slick and allowed the stock to move around especially with heavy loads. Replaced it with a thin rubber buttplate problem solved with no stock cutting. When shooting heavy loads with my fingers inside the lever loop recoil would slam the lever into my fingers and cause the action to unlock. A slight modification of my shooting style solved that. Have never mounted a scope only used the factory sights probably not optimum but they work well with alittle practice.